Noodle-less Eggplant & Zucchini Lasanga
One-half (0.5) pounds lean ground turkey
11/2 cups Italian Tomato Sauce
2 medium Zucchini, ends removed
1 Large Eggplant, ends removed
11/2 cups part skim Ricotta cheese
11/3 cups shredded part-skim Mozzarella cheese
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Using a mandolin slicer or knife, slice Zucchini vertically into 1/4 inch thick slices (you may not use some slices if not wide or long enough, save for another recipe). Slice widest section of Eggplant horizontally into 1/4 inch thick rounds (save the rest for another recipe)
3. Lay vegetable slices onto baking sheets, and salt. Let rest for 15 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium size skillet, brown meat. Remove from heat, and add tomato sauce. Stir to combine, set aside.
5. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine Ricotta, 1 cup of the Mozzarella, Parmesan, and egg.
6. Using paper towels, blot vegetable slices to remove as much moisture and salt as possible.
7. To assemble lasagna; Spread one third of tomato meat mixture onto bottom of lightly greased square glass baking dish. Top with a single layer of Zucchini slices, followed by a single layer of Eggplant rounds. Top with one-half of the Ricotta misture. Repeat layers twice more, alternating the direction of the Zucchini slices, and ending on the lasst Layer of Eggplant rounds exposed (do not top with Ricotta, you should be out of the mixture by this point). Sprinkle remaining Mozzarella on top.
8. Bake for 45 minutes. Let sit for at least 15 minutes prior to serving.