8 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 cup of scallions (1.76 ounces) cut into 1" pieces
1 cup diced fennel (3.06 ounces)
1 - 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
1/2 pound of shrimp, halved lengthwise
1/2 pound of bay scallops
1/2 pound of Tilapia, diced
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 pound lump crabmeat
1/2 cup of fresh basil (0.4 ounces) sliced into strips
1. In a saucepan sweat the red pepper flakes in the olive oil for about 30 seconds.
2. Add the scallions, fennel, and green bell pepper and continue to sweat at moderate heat for 3-4 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, including the water, and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer for 8 minutes until all the vegetables are tender.
5. Add the shrimp, bay scallops, and tilapia to a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix very carefully.
6. Add the seasoned seafood to the simmering tomatoes and bring to a near boil, and cook gently for 3-4 minutes.
7. Add the crabmeat and basil, stir very carefully, and heat through.
8. Divide stew into 4 equal servings (about 2 cups each), garnish with basil, and serve hot.
Nutrition facts per serving: 340 calories, 42 grams protein, 16 grams carbohydrates, and 11 grams fat.
Developed by the Culinary Institute of America